This is Lyndzie Faye Frey. She is my own personal angel. Someone told me recently that God sends us angels when we can't do something on our own. I guess when He realized i was having a hard time just surviving on my own it was time to give me Lyndzie.
Most people don't really know Lyndzie. I'd say she is one of the most misunderstood people i've ever known. But that is by choice. You have to fight for Lyndzie. She has to know you aren't going to every hurt her before she'll open up. But once she does, you'll never know a truer soul.
She is my light. She helped me more than even she knows. She fought for me, and i for her. At the beginning of our friendship i don't think either one of us realized we would get to where we are now, that is, inseperable.
People often ask how she and i ever became friends when we're so different, but my reply is always the same: we were meant for each other, both of us were made special to complement the other, no we're not the same, actually we are quite different, but we have what the other lacks, and we pick up each other's slack.
She makes me believe that people really are made for each other. I really do believe that she and i were friends in heaven before we came here.
I also believe that when you work for something it makes it that much better in the end, and that's what my friendship with Lyndzie is. I had to work for it. She wouldn't have let me in if i didn't. And i wouldn't have expected her to.
She seems to be under the impression i only THINK she's awesome, but she's wrong. Because i know. I KNOW she's spectacular.
She's not your cookie-cutter girl. And she's not the-girl-next-door either. She's special. She's one-of-a-kind. She's the epitome of fire. From her red hair to her sarcastic personality. I'm like a piece of metal, i'm capable of being warmed by her, not destroyed. Everything i know about Lyndzie is challenged pretty regularly. She keeps me on my toes.
I was the most selfish person on the planet until Lyndzie came into my life. And suddenly, i felt human. It was about giving and taking. And that's us. We give and we take.
She has been so instructive, and she doesn't even know it.
I had to watch as she went through some truly horrific feelings, and every day i prayed and begged that God could give it to me instead. I've never told her that... I guess she'll know now thought. But seriously, i used to pray every night that I could take it from her. I wished i could be the one to feel her pain instead of her. All i wanted in the world is to know she was comforted, and felt peace, and i was willing to do anything to get her to that point. Even take on way more than i could have handled, if it meant she could be free of her pain.
She tries really hard to be strong. And she is. She's one of the strongest people i've ever known, but she doesn't always need to be. She seems to think that you always have to be strong, that you always have to deal with things on your own, but you don't. That's what i learned from Lyndzie. I learned that i'm not alone. I'm never alone. She will always be there for me.
It took me a long time to understand how Lyndzie loves... And then one night it hit me... She loves completely. There is no "ehhhh" with her. When she loves you, she will be fiercly loyal to you. Always. When you let her down, she will be crushed. Destroyed. Because she puts all her faith in the people she lets in, and rightly so, because they have to go through a lot with her to get there.
I wish that i could be more like her sometimes. There are a lot of things i envy about her. But then i think about the opposites i have, and i realize that i can't, because we work perfectly just the way we are. There is not a single thing i would change. Not a single thing.
Anytime someone even attempts to tell me who she is or how she is, i want to punch them. Because they don't know. They can't and won't see how wonderful she really is because they don't deserve to know.
There are very few things that have ever made me happier than my friendship with Lyndzie, and i'd daresay there isn't anything...
She will be my best friend forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment